Friday, January 6, 2012

Introducing my latest project!

It has been a while since I have posted anything here.  Mostly because we have been very busy preparing for and welcoming a baby girl into our family.

Margaret Clarinda was born on October 27, nine days ahead of schedule.  She'll go by her middle name which was quite a challenge to announce.  I finally decided to create a piece with her photo on the front and a small explanation on the inside of the meaning of her first and middle names.  But I also didn't want to outright say she'd go by her middle name. Click on the photo's below to see how we managed to convey the information.


I used the most delicious paper from Envelopments for this announcement.  The paper is two sided in cream and gray.  I matched the typefaces to the gray of the cardstock and then used a tart-y pink layering piece for the photo on the front paired with a peach shimmer envelope.


So far we haven't heard anyone call her by her first name who has received the announcement, so we must have conveyed this successfully!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous!!

jennifer said...

Beautiful announcement, beautiful baby!